The King’s School safeguarding and child protection policy aims to:
- Actively promote the well-being of pupils.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children, staff and others who come into contact with the Academy and to protect them from harm.
- Have clear procedures in place for dealing with and referring concerns about the welfare of any individual and/or allegations of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Raise awareness about how to report concerns and how they will be investigated whether they are current or historic in nature.
- Raise staff awareness about the Academy's safeguarding expectations.
- Ensure staff are competent to carry out their safeguarding responsibilities and feel supported in this role.
- Ensure consistent good safeguarding practice throughout the Academy to include the promotion of a zero-tolerance approach to peer-on-peer sexual violence and harassment in which pupils are confident to report it and staff are confident to identify and respond to it.
- Promote a whole school culture of safety, equality and protection.
If you have a concern that a child is being harmed, is at risk of harm or you receive disclosure either intentionally or unintentionally then you must contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL): Mr Justin Dixon (Deputy Head Master) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01476 563180.
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) is Miss Simone Bieber who can be contacted on email@example.com or on 01476 563180.
Click here to view a copy of our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
The following links may be useful to support parents and students.
- Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board - Information and advice on how to report safeguarding concerns - https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/safeguarding/lscp/4
- Report Harmful Content Online - This website is provided by UK Safer Internet Centre and operated by SWGfL - https://reportharmfulcontent.com/
- CEOP - Information on how to protect children from online abuse - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
- Frank - Information on drugs and where to find support - https://www.talktofrank.com/get-help/concerned-about-a-child
- NSPCC - Safeguarding information and support - https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/
- Childline - Information and advice - https://www.childline.org.uk/