Head of Department: Mr Matthew Hulme
Members of staff: Mr David Richardson (Head of Games), Mr Lindsay (Head of Rugby), Mr Sam Burnett, Mr Gareth Collins and Mr Whales (Assistant Headteacher and Head of Sixth Form).
- To provide a broad and well balanced programme of Physical Education
- To promote enjoyment and a sense of achievement at every level
- Develop the aesthetic and creative nature of each student
- To build the confidence of students to enable them to become decision makers
- Develop the appreciation of the concepts of fair play, honest competition, and good character
- To develop social awareness and values through interaction with others
- To take ownership of their own progression and be proactive in the development of others
- To promote an understanding of healthy lifestyles
- Encourage students to extend participation through extra-curricular activities
- Promoting an awareness of safe practice.