All King’s students are expected to be clean, neat and tidy in their appearance and to wear school uniform in school, on the journey to and from school and on school occasions.
Uniform can be purchased from:
- School Uniform and PE kit for Year 9 to Sixth Form - Streetguise Apparel Ltd (online only - http://www.kingsgrantham.schoolguise.co.uk).
- PE Kit - Price and Buckland - For Year 7, commencing in September 2019 onwards, the new P.E. kit will be available from Price and Buckland. Please access their online shop via the logo at the bottom of this website.
- Some items of our uniform are available from Downtown, Gonerby Moor, Nr Grantham.
- The PTFA runs a second-hand clothing shop, details and prices are available on the PTFA pages of this website. If you wish to purchase any of the second hand stock from the PTFA shop, please email the PTFA at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the reception and leave a message and we will return your call. All donations of uniform are welcome and can left at the reception.
N.B. The shop will be open for boys at 12.45pm-1.30pm on Mondays by prior arrangement. Other uniform requests will be left at reception once a week for collection on Mondays. If your request is urgent, please let us know when you order the item.
Certain general items* are available at most retail clothing shops and stores, but these must conform closely to the standard school uniform.
- Black blazer with badge Sixth Form wear a maroon blazer with badge.
- White formal shirt* – long or short sleeve cotton/polycotton.
- Black or dark grey long trousers* (not jeans, cords or casuals).
- School tie (or school colours when awarded).
- Dark grey or black socks*
- Black shoes* (not suede). Boots and trainers are not permitted.
- Grey pullover with maroon stripe or plain grey v-neck pullover*
- Dark blue or black outer garments* are preferred.
- Multi-coloured jackets, hoodies, excessively long coats and coats with excessive logos are not permitted.
- Sixth Form students may wear a plain grey or black cardigan under their blazer.
Pupils are expected to wear the correct kit. Please note that for Year 7, commencing in September 2019 onwards, the new P.E. kit will be compulsory and only available from Price and Buckland. Please access their online shop via the logo at the bottom of this website.
Students in years 9-13 may continue to wear the existing PE/Games Kit and replace where possible, (while stocks continue to be available).
Rugby and Football
Years 7- 11 - Rugby shirt in House colours, school rugby shorts, school socks and appropriate boots*.
Optional: School tracksuit.
Years 7- 11 - P.E. shirt, school PE shorts, white socks* and trainers*.
Note: All garments must be clearly marked with the student’s name.
Pupils are urged to use a fountain pen rather than a biro.