What is the PTFA?
The Parents, Teachers, Friends Association actively supports the school and the teachers by organising events to raise funds for the school community.
The PTFA is a registered charity and is impartial in its actions. The officers of the PTFA include Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary, who are elected at the AGM each year.
Every parent/carer is automatically a member of the PTFA and is welcome to attend all the meetings and to contribute to the decision making process.
The PTFA relies entirely on the goodwill and energy of the parents, carers and teachers. Through events held throughout the year, funds are raised which are passed onto the school. Everything we fund benefits the pupils directly and supports the teaching staff.
How much time do I need to give?
An Annual General Meeting (AGM) and approximately four meetings are held throughout the academic year. The meetings are normally held on weekdays during term-time to plan events, discuss new ideas, and to take decisions on how the money raised by the PTFA will be spent.
How do I get involved?
You are welcome to attend a meeting at any time or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Facebook page ‘King's School Grantham Parents and Friends Group'.
Once you have decided that you are interested and wish to join as a member, you can contribute in the following ways:
- Join the committee
- Attend the meetings and have your say
- Volunteer to help organise events
- Donate goods / items
- Join the Gold Card Scheme
- Every parent/carer is automatically a member of the PTFA and is welcome to attend all the meetings and to contribute to the decision making process.
How do we fundraise?
Our regular fundraising includes:-
- Gold Card Scheme (for more information see separate page)
- Harvest Ball (supported by the King’s School Soul Band)
- Christmas Fayre
- Easter Fayre
- PTFA Non-uniform day
- Donations/purchases from the School’s second hand uniform shop
Future funding suggestions
- Afternoon tea – Allington Manor
- Golf tournament
- St Patrick’s Day – Ceilidh
We would appreciate any more suggestions or offers of help with any of the events.
If you would like to support the PTFA through sponsorship, for example by endorsing a particular event by adding your logo to our advertising, or you have a question or suggestion for the PTFA, please contact the Chairman Moira Kinnear via the following link